Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Evolution of Corners

The second reading of "Corners" took place in the evening on Monday, Dec. 6 at Laurier House.  6 talented actors came out, along with my publicity person. 

The reading went really well, and I received good feedback on the play, so I'm going to go ahead with this one for the 2011 Ottawa Fringe Festival.  It's a psychodrama about 4 women in 4 corners who play out the inner drama from their youths.  It's about the impact that parents have on their children as adults.  Well actually one of the 4 is still a teenager, which I decided after this reading, to space the ages out a but further, plus it suits the character more. 

It looks like I have a stage manager, it looks like I have a publicity person, and I definitely have a graphic designer for the publicity stuff.  I'm going to have auditions in February 2011, so that I can give the actors a chance to become familiar with the script before rehearsals begin.  All is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment